Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Sausage Fingers

32 weeks, 2 days

I took off my wedding rings a couple of weeks ago because I noticed they were becoming a little tight. But, no one prepared me for the sausage fingers I was about to start getting. Now, I do have to blame my salty diet yesterday as part of the problem. By the end of the day, I had drank a load of water and hardly peed at all. I really think eight glasses of water went straight to my fingers. And, before I went to bed, I had gained 5 lbs from the time I was weighed that morning. Well, of course, my salt/water balance finally hit equilibrium in the middle of the night, and I ended up peeing up a storm....all into the "wee" hours of the morning. That's what you get when you eat McDonald's sausage McMuffin for breakfast and pizza for lunch. It isn't something I normally do. But, I was out and about yesterday and needed some quick meals. Don't think I'll be trying that again! Michella likes her sleep!

My weekly OB appt. went well. My BP was great, at 130/84 (the lowest it has been in the Dr.'s office in weeks). Baby's heart rate was 162 bpm and my urine sample was free and clear! Gotta love a good appointment.

Our little girl is definitely getting bigger. I can tell just from the increased pressure in my belly and the power behind her kicks and punches. SG and I spent the morning in bed together giggling at her activity. And, the little princess has already been able to stop any romantic activity between us. We were kissing and hugging and feeling all lovey-dovey, when she started kicking so hard that SG felt her punch his tummy. Talk about killing the moment!

This week, we bought a great used changing table and SG spent the time repainting it and assembling it for her nursery space. I also bought little cute storage baskets to fit on its shelves. Now it looks too darn cute. Our bedroom is getting pretty cramped in here! But, a family that sleeps together is always snug as a bug and in love together. Even our doggie has had to find a new place to sleep next to SG on the floor. We are all adjusting in one way or another, that is for sure.

Less than eight weeks to go. And, she could be here as early as four and a half! It is still so hard to believe!

No comments: