Thursday, March 12, 2009

Apparently, I'm having a...

30 weeks, 3 days

The other night I had the strangest dream. My sister and mother were visiting and they were feeling my tummy for kicks. The sun was shining through the window and bouncing off my tummy, making my skin translucent. We could see inside my womb! Expecting to see our little baby, I screamed with delight! But then, I noticed where her feet should be were these long ugly talons. Her head had a long pointy beak. And, instead of arms were these sharp spiny needles that made up her wings.

That's right folks. I'm having a pelican.

I was shocked. Where was my baby? What the hell am I going to do with a pelican? I wanted my baby back and no one could console me. And then, I started to feel guilty for not loving my pelican like I should and I felt like a terrible mother.

Guess I need to prepare for this new harsh reality. First plan of action?.. Stocking up on items from the frozen seafood aisle.

2 comments:

S said...

Wow, what a crazy dream!

Hard to believe you are already 30 weeks plus! The time seems to have flown by. . . though maybe not for you. ;-)

Land family said...

Wow, time for the crazy vivid dreams! My friend dreamed she put her baby in the oven (not with it turned on)...just like in there to sleep.

It's good that you wrote it down-I don't remember any of mine!

Home stretch now!