Monday, March 30, 2009

Dropping?


33 weeks, 0 days

I think she's dropped a little. My belly seems to be shaped a little differently and I'm feeling lots of pressure "down there". It is definitely a new feeling I've not had before. And the exhaustion. Lordy! I've had a couple of days recently where I slept like a fiend. Saturday I slept for 7 hours.....during the freaking day! I woke up in the morning, had breakfast, went back to bed and slept for 4 more hours...then, I awakened to only stay up for an hour....went back to sleep for 3 hours....ate dinner....and then went to sleep for the night. How is anyone supposed to get anything done with THAT schedule? It was as if I had been hit by a Mack truck.

We've now got all of our diapers, covers and even a large wet bag for our diaper pail. The Moby wrap came in and SG and I had fun putting it on him and having him walking around the house stuffed with a pillow shaped to look like a baby. It was a fun time of "playing house" and he was beaming from ear to ear.

The Braxton Hicks contractions are becoming more frequent and a lot stronger. Nothing to be concerned about. But, all that energy being used up must be burning some calories. Getting on the scale yesterday showed that I've actually lost 2 lbs in the last 6 days. Perhaps it was the recovery from the massive amount of salt intake I had on Tuesday. Something tells me I'm not that far off. The sausage fingers disappeared a couple of days ago. To date, I've only gained a total of 16 lbs. So, I'm feeling pretty darn good about that (pats self on back).

I've been playing a game with our little girl this week. Her growing size and movements make it much easier to distinguish her body parts. Lately, I'm feeling either her foot and shin or her hand and forearm. All I know, is that it is a long bony part of her body. And, I can feel the entire section with my hand whenever she presses up against me. It is pretty darn cool. She presses, and I rub it. She pulls away, waits a second and then does it again. It totally cracks me up. Though she's not here for me to hold yet. I feel like we are getting to spend a little "quality" time together and are slowly discovering a few things about one another.

3 comments:

Land family said...

How very sweet! Listen to your body and hell SLEEP WHILE YOU CAN! My two never did drop, so who knows. Did you have your shower? How was it?

Michella said...

I've got one shower this weekend, and my last one the week after. I can't wait!

JoyM said...

That is so cute! I love that you practiced with your Moby wrap. What a good idea!

I have been super tired again, too. I was really tired around 35 weeks and I think I had a growth spurt so perhaps that's what's happening now for your little girl?

I'm sure she likes feeling you rub on her. Very cue that you are already getting to interact with each other!!!