Monday, March 16, 2009

Cabin Fever

31 weeks, 0 days

I'm about ready to take someone out. Anyone. I don't care who it is. I've lost all patience with this partial bed rest order and so I've been bouncing off the walls.

When SG is in writing mode, I must refrain from bothering him with things like, oh I don't know, speech. So, I spend most of the day doing light tasks around the house, sleeping, cooking, or perusing the internet for tasty morsels to keep me entertained. But, I'm laying down more than anything. For someone who is very active, it is a tough thing to tie yourself down to a bed or sofa all day. And, it is driving me freaking crazy. I can't take another day of it.

I need sunshine and daffodils and smiles from random strangers. I need to see the world again.

Our little girl continues to grow and kick and create quite a stir in my belly. She still takes her major naps between 11 am and 3pm. But, wakes up with more energy than ever. Last night, she discovered my left rib cage with her feet. She's usually folded up in a little ball and kicks me on my left side. But not last night. Oh no. I got lots of big jolts way up high, as if she finally realized she could stretch her legs for the first time. I've also started getting a lot of Braxton Hicks Contractions over the past week. Nothing regular and not painful. Just very uncomfortable when they happen.

We had another BP scare the other day after I went to the mall with my mom and walked a little too much. I came home and it was 146/101. I spoke with my OB and he told me to keep monitoring it. It went down to a normal level again after I laid on my left side and drank lots of water. Every day, it seems like the bar keeps changing and I really have no idea what my limits are. At the mall, I thought I was taking it really easy. I walked slow. I stopped at benches and rested in between stores. And, I was only on my feet for about an hour. So frustrating.

But today is the 31 week mark, and we're starting to feel that impending excitement. Soon, all this will be over and I'll have our beautiful baby in my arms. It is the only thing that is keeping me sane at the moment (besides my adoring husband, of course). On the pregnancy forum that I frequent, 2 of our May babies were born this weekend. Both women were about a week or so ahead of me and went into labor on their own. That news was a shock to the system to both me and SG. We really want her to stay inside me until the last week of April at the least!

2 comments:

S said...

I can understand your frustrations with your activity being limited.

Partial bed rest sounds appealing to me. . . but that's probably because I work full-time and have a number of projects that could occupy my mind. (Scrapbooking I've put off literally for years and about 10 books on my "to be read" list, just to name a couple.)

Keep taking care of yourself! Can hardly believe you're already 31 weeks!

(goldenlover)

Land family said...

Yikes, I had BP levels like that too, and they threatened me! Told me that they'd put me in the hospital if I didn't comply! So please take it easy. Are they talking about letting you go to term? They told me what usually happens with elevated BP is that the fluid dries up early..well one of my daughters went to 39 weeks and the other was taken out at 38, not technically early by any crazy standards..but neither of mine got to come out on their own.

I know it's cliche but it's so true. Try to enjoy this down time. You won't know what hit you soon and you won't be able to remember this part of your life clearly in a few years!