Monday, February 2, 2009

Stop the Clock, Please

25 weeks, 0 days

Time seems to be flying by. How did we get this far so quickly? I'm nowhere near ready. I haven't started my shopping! It has taken me weeks of investigating just to learn about all my different options. Who would have known that all of my research experience at USC could be boiled down to learning about cloth diapering and travel systems?

Our little girl is getting bigger by the day, and her movements continue to be more prominent. I've noticed lately that she's reacting more to sounds. When I'm quiet, she's pretty quiet. But, when I'm talking or laughing with SG, or have the music or TV on, she's awake and active. This morning, I got up to use the bathroom and then crawled back into bed. She was quiet as a mouse. But, as soon as I started to talk a little with SG, she started kicking me on my side and wiggling about. We both found that very amusing.

I'm starting to leak a tiny bit of colostrum from nipples. This is all very strange to me, being that I've had these boobs for about 32 years and they've never before done such magic tricks. But, I do find it all quite exciting just knowing that my body continues to prepare for the coming of our little girl. Looks like even though I'm 44, my body doesn't know any better and has kicked into full on baby mode. Awesome! I love defying time!

My belly is getting bigger and bigger. And, it is getting much more difficult to roll over at night. SG and I have been sleeping in a full sized bed since we married (That's how we got pregnant in the first place!), and it is definitely time to make a change. Boy, do we need a new mattress. Hopefully, we'll be making the plunge this next week or so. It isn't just the mattress that needs purchasing...its the sheets and the bedding. All of it definitely adds up, especially if you believe in the Oprah rule and buy the best bedding you can afford. You spend so much time in your bed, and shouldn't be ashamed to pamper yourself in that area. Granted, our bed is small. But, boy is it cozy!

I continue to have really bad days of exhaustion. Yesterday, I went to the mall for an hour and came home feeling like I ran a marathon. I zonked the moment my head hit the pillow. And no, it wasn't the luxurious down pillows that were at fault.

No comments: