Thursday, February 26, 2009

Puke-a-licious




28 weeks, 3 days


Now, I hate to have to break this to you. But, the beautiful pregnant woman in my blog logo is a stranger. I only wish I could look so svelt. The reality is, I'm a 44 yr old tub. These were taken today. And, I've achieved the perfect pregnancy mask....the one that says "Look at me! I'm full of energy and am loads of fun to be around!" Okay. I admit it. I'm still fun. But, that only happens when I get my extra sleep and don't feel like fainting, puking, or am experiencing the worst pelvic pain of my life. Other than that, I'm just peachy! (grin)

My blood pressure has been great. So, I'm officially off bed rest and only have to see my OB once every two weeks. I've even lost a couple of pounds in the last 3 weeks. But, I hate to say, that is because I've been on the awesome "I feel like I'm going to puke every night" diet. Two nights ago, I did just that.....5 times! And, I gotta say, it wasn't pretty. There is nothing worse than... 1) feeling sick to your tummy and having your little baby move around and kick you. The sensation coupled with the nausea leaves much to be desired. 2) puking when your tummy is this big! I could barely bend over and therefore my aim into the toilet sucked. I'm praying to God, and praying hard, that this is just a short phase. I really don't want to have to go through this the rest of my pregnancy. I was just starting to feel good!



Well, we've finally ordered a crib! And the great news is, my mom offered to buy it for us as a gift! After I was put on bedrest, reality hit us. And, I realized I didn't have the energy or time to be scraping and painting the old set our friends were giving us. So, we backed down and decided to buy something new. More expensive, but much less stress. We should get it sometime next week. I can't wait! And, our bedding should arrive tomorrow via UPS. I pray to God we like it. We only saw it online, and so it may not be what we are hoping for. Guess we'll know soon enough. Things are finally starting to come together. Now, we are just waiting for SG's contracts to come so we can get paid!!!!! The world is such a better place when you've got money.

Next up, is finding a dresser to match the crib. Being that our little house has absolutely no closet space, we need to get all the extra storage we can. So, buying a baby dresser is just plain stupid. We're on the lookout for a nice adult sized dresser to help share the burden.

The coming week is going to be crazy, and filled with doctor appointments and a slew of baby classes. Look for an interesting set of updates over the next two weeks!

1 comment:

Amy said...

I hope the nausea and vomiting has improved and it was just a fluke. I was warned by my DR that my hyperemesis could come back at any time, Im hoping its gone for good. Im looking forward to hearing how the appts go, good luck!