Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Every Once In A While...

25 weeks, 2 days

... my mind wanders off and I start thinking about how I'm pregnant... and it freaks me out a little. I wonder if I'll be able to handle the pressure and the responsibility. I worry about what the future holds. For a moment, I think about how there is no getting out of this....how a little baby is growing inside me and I can't change my mind about it. There is nothing I can do to stop the future from arriving. And, I just want to start bawling.

But it only lasts for a couple of seconds. And then, I'm back to dreaming and smiling and planning and getting excited about having a baby in our lives. That little moment of fear is fleeting. And, in some ways, I think healthy. Raising a child is a huge responsibility. And, it is going to dramatically change our cozy and comfortable lives.

A little dose of reality never hurt anyone.



No comments: