Monday, February 9, 2009

Show me the money!

26 weeks, 0 days

It is amazing to think that if our little girl was born today, she'd have a 85% chance of survival. All I can say about that is , "Wow".

This week, SG and I spent an hour at JC Penney in the baby dept., where they were having a sale on clothes. We had so much fun picking little summer dresses, sweaters, jumpsuits and booties (all so incredibly cute). I also made my first run to the fabric store and bought some flannel to start making homemade wipes. I've already prewashed the 2 yards, and will probably start cutting and sewing today. It was a rainy weekend, and so we were unable to pick up the crib and changing table our friends are giving us. This only increased my anxiety, as I'm chomping at the bit to get the darn things painted. We also purchased our crib bedding online, and hope we like it in person as much as we do from the pictures.

Our little girl had a couple of days of being very quiet this last week. It bothered me enough to get out the home doppler again, just to make sure I could find a heartbeat. All was fine. And, the very next day, she started dancing around in my belly again. This morning, SG and I laid in bed feeling her move around like crazy. It is funny how her activity levels can change so dramatically.

The weight gain is slowly increasing. As of today, I've gained a total of 14 lbs. And, I've been slowly noticing my blood pressure increasing over the last few weeks. The last few days I've topped 130/90, which is not good. I've got an appt. with my OB on Thurs. and I'm pretty confident he'll be increasing my BP meds.

I got a jury summons from LA County and am on-call this week. I'm praying to God they don't request me. I really don't want to have to go through the whole ordeal. If I get picked for a jury, I can't imagine it being a good thing. I can't sit too long because of my pubic symphysis dysfunction. It is just way too painful. And, I'd have to ask for a break about every 1/2 hour or so, because I've got to continually go pee. Would they really have a woman who is in her 7th month sit on a panel?

The reality contiues to kick in of how quickly she'll be here. I've got two girlfriends who have already started planning my baby showers. They are setting dates and buying invitations. And here I sit, with not so much as a piece of baby gear or a crib to look at. I've made my massively long list of things we need to get. But, that's all it is at this point....a long list, with maybe 2 things crossed off. Now that SG has his contract coming, we can start buying once the funds arrive. But until then, I have to continue to pretend I'm being patient. I'm a project planner, a doer and an achiever. So, to have to sit and wait is driving me batty.

No comments: