Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Waddling Along

21 weeks, 2 days

Baby continues to grow and is moving around more and more. It is as if Sunday, she was given keys to her first car and has been going ever since. Lots of turns and kicks and moves....all so very reassuring and fun to experience. SG still can't feel it from the outside yet, but the day is coming soon.

I've got doctor appointments coming out of my ears. Next week I'll see my OB and my Endocrinologist. And the week after, we'll see a new Perinatologist to get an update on her kidney. Then, we'll also be seeing a Urologist who'll be following her case as well. It isn't so much the busyness that gets to me, but the stress from hearing all the updates and news. So far, every time we go in, we've had bad news. I really just want to leave a doctor's office with a smile on my face again.

I've been diagnosed with PSD (Pubic Symphisis Dysfunction), and my pelvic carriage is misaligned due to loose ligaments from too much Relaxin hormone. I've had a bad flare up and have had problems walking and standing. Even sitting hurts like crazy. So, now I have to reduce a lot of my activity and retrain myself to do things a little differently. Did I mention I caused the recent flare-up because I was an idiot and assisted my 90 lb golden retriever up onto the bed? Yeah. Totally stupid (hits self over head). And let me tell you, it hurt! I'll never do that again! I'm already feeling a little better after following doctor's orders. But, the real test will be when I go grocery shopping today. Walking a lot and pushing carts are a no-no. But, our fridge and cupboards are bare and I gotta do something!

Note to self: DO NOT wear those maternity jeans again! The full panel doesn't hold up my pants and I can't walk 5 feet without them falling down. Soooo annoying!

We went to a hospital tour and orientation the other day. The hospital we chose looks like a freaking Ritz Carlton. It is beautiful, and perfect for bringing a princess into the world. ;-) Out of about 200 people there, we were the lucky winners of a raffle, which we get to choose from a couple of prizes.....discount on a breast pump rental, child rearing book and video, or a Mommy and Me class series. Just what every new mom dreams of... A massage at Burke Williams would have been more up my alley. =)

No comments: