Monday, December 29, 2008

Oh Happy Days

20 weeks, 0 days!

We're already half way there! Wow! My pregnancy books say that she's about 7.5 inches long from crown to rump. That is unbelievable to me! She's getting so big. And if she is anything like mommy or daddy, she's got long legs to add quite a few more inches to her stature.

I thought it was about time I talked a little about the joys of this pregnancy. As it may be hard to find within my previous posts, there are plenty of happy times going on!

The most fun has been feeling the baby move. I've had a couple of really good kicks so far, which completely caught me off guard. One night at a Christmas show, I was talking to a friend when she punched me really hard on my lower right side. Don't think she liked all the noise and commotion that was going on during intermission. She's pretty used to me being quiet and reclining at 8pm at night! Regular movements are more like little taps and popcorn pops, which tickle a little bit and make me smile. Two days ago, I was laying on my side and felt her move her entire body from my right side to my left. Now THAT was freaky! I was laughing as it happened and couldn't believe it! Last night I was on my left side and had my knees pulled up toward my chest. She started kicking on my left side so hard, that I could feel it hitting my upper thigh! I'm really looking forward to SG being able to feel this from the outside! It should start happening any day now, as well as being able to actually SEE her move around!

Now that we know we've got a little girl, it is time to go shopping! Pink, pink, pink! I can only imagine that the precious little color will begin to invade our lives very soon! We've got a few names picked out that we really love. But, we've decided that we won't actually name her until we meet her in person. I mean, it is the respectful thing to do, don't ya think? We want to see her face and get to know her personality a little bit before tagging her with a name that will be with her the rest of her life. No matter what we choose, however, it will be a beautiful name - as we already know she will be!

No comments: