Wednesday, November 26, 2008

What A Week!

15 weeks, 2 days

Lots going on this week! To start, I woke up Sunday morning and had what they call "popped"! My uterus had flipped fully forward overnight and all of a sudden I looked pregnant! SG especially noticed it this morning when he went to hug me. My belly stopped him from getting in real close.

I've had an incredible increase in energy this week. In fact, I was practically bouncing off the walls yesterday. I didn't even stop to take a nap and had trouble falling asleep last night. I consider this a complete miracle. The last 10 weeks were sheer hell. How did the change happen so quickly? It was like a light switch. I have to admit, I'm a little giddy. I thought I'd never be my old self again! The nausea still hits daily, but it isn't too bad. I'm still taking Zofran periodically to give me a break from the desire to puke. And that makes me feel back to normal quite quickly.

I had a dream last night that I felt the baby move and when I reached my hand to touch my left side, I felt two little bumps (about the size of marbles). I reached for SG's hand and said, "Can you feel that? Is that what I think it is?" And he said, "Are you kidding? Are those testicles?" "OMG!", I said. "We're having a boy!" Weird dream, I know. But, it is the first dream I've had that gave me any feeling about the sex of the baby. We'll find out the real truth on Christmas day. We have an ultrasound on Dec. 18, where the technician will be writing the baby's sex down on a Christmas Card. We'll open the card on Christmas morning. I can't wait!

Last Thursday, I had my routine OB appointment. All is well. Heard the heart beat and the doctor went over all my recent tests. The most shocking news of all? I actually lost a pound over the last month!

Last Sunday, at lunch, I felt a little tapping feeling on the lower left side of my tummy. I told SG and my mom that I thought I felt the baby kick. In the end, I pretty much wrote it off as some little gas bubble. But, I've consistently been getting that same feeling in different areas of my lower abdomen. And this morning, I've been getting them in significant amounts. I've felt it at least 30 times since I awoke this morning! Wow. I'm telling you, I'm feeling them alot. I can't believe I'm feeling my baby move. What an amazing experience!

1 comment:

LaurenD said...

What an awesome way to find out the gender!